As we all know that festive season is on its way—Navratri, Diwali, and wedding season. So, you are ready to wear trendy makeup look for which you are waiting for. If we talk about complete face makeup, eyes makeup has its own importance. It brings out your glow and you can highlight yourself among the crowd of hundreds if done correctly.
From envy-inducing smokey eyes to meticulously applied falsies to flawless winged eyeliner, you’ve got all of the eye makeup trends on tap and the know-how to pull them off. It is equally important you know how to promote your eyes health. In this blog, we’ll share a few tips to keep your pretty eye healthy and happy while maintaining your favourite makeup looks:
Eye Makeup Facts That You Should Take Care
1. Avoid Waterlining: Applying a pencil or gel liner to the upper lash line or lower lash line can help you achieve a variety of different looks – smaller, bigger, more awake, more emphasized etc. However, they’re also makeup tricks that you should probably stay away from. Applying eyeliner to these places can block oil glands that help protect your cornea. It can also introduce bacteria to your eyes— adding that one final touch to your eye makeup is definitely not worth risking a bacterial infection.
2. Wash Your Brushes and Tools: Over time, gunk and makeup residue can build up on your eyeshadow brushes and eyelash curler—and attrack bacteria too. For brushes that you use around your eyes, you should aim to clean them at least twice a month to keep the bacteria lurking in your brushes at bay and maintaining their quality.
3. Take Your Makeup off before Bed: After a long, exhausting day, when you go to your bed without removing your eye makeup, unfortunately, your makeup can find its way into your eyes while you sleep and can lead to irritation. It can also clog the oil glands and hair follicles on your eyelids, plus, sleeping in mascara can weaken your eyelashes, causing them to become brittle and break off. That’s why, be sure to wash your hands before removing your eye makeup, and check your individual cosmetics to find out the best way to remove it completely and safely.
4. Watch out for Toxic Chemicals: it’s time you start paying attention to labels on your cosmetics as well. There are a number of common eye makeup ingredients that can actually harm and damage your eyes, potentially causing dry eye disease and other long-term complications. For example, parabens, carbon black, and formaldehyde are a few you’ll want to watch out for.
5. Pay attention to expiration dates and keep your makeup to yourself: Did you know makeup can go bad? If you didn’t, take inventory of your collection and see if there are any cosmetics you should toss. A good rule of thumb for mascara is to replace it in every three to four months. When you first open it, grab a permanent marker and write the date on the side so you can be aware of its expiry. Also, remember sharing a makeup is not the name of caring. Avoid borrowing a makeup from friend. Sharing your favorite mascara or eyeliner is also a great way to share bacteria—so play it safe and avoid using someone else’s makeup whenever and wherever possible.
Now you know that ignoring a simple thing can be harmful to your eyes, so better avoid these mistakes and adopt some healthy habits for your eye care and maintaining their pretty look. We at Orane International take care f each and every small thing while teaching our students for their favourite makeup courses.
If you also want to make your own place in the world of beauty and wellness, join us today. All you have to fill this form and send us query for your favourite beauty course, and our counselors will call you back to answer your all queries.
For regular beauty updates, please like us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION