A brief profile of Top 5 Most Followed Beauty Brands on Instagram
Leading beauty brands have a huge fan following on social media channels. Instagram, for instance, has a total of 125 million (12.5 crores) followers across the top 10 beauty brands in the world.
One of the credible source to track social media statistics is Trackalytics (website: https://www.trackalytics.com)
1. MAC Cosmetics: MAC incorporated in Toronto, Canada, in 1984. MAC is an acronym for Make-up Art Cosmetics and serves its customers worldwide. The Company offers lipstick, eyelashes, foundation, powder, concealer, moisturizers, sponges, brush kits, fragrances, and other related products. The Company valued at USD 6-7 billion as of date.
No of Instagram Followers: 23 million-plus
Company Headquarters: New York, United States
2. Kylie Cosmetics: Kylie Jenner, a famous American Media personality, launched Kylie Cosmetics in 2015. The first kit named Kylie Lip Kit was announced in August 2015. Since then, Kylie Cosmetics has widened its product portfolio and has fragrance and skin ranges. The Company is valued at USD 900 million as of March 2019.
No of Instagram Followers: 20 million-plus
Company headquarters: Oxnard, California, United States. Company
3. Anastasia Beverly Hills: The Company was founded in 1997 by Anastasia Soare when she opened her flagship salon. The first product line, focusing on eyebrow products, was launched in 2000. The brand is also known for introducing a new brow-shaping service to customers. The Company is valued at USD 3 billion as of date.
No of Instagram Followers: 19 million-plus
Company headquarters: Beverly Hills, California, United States
4. NYX Professional Makeup: NYX Professional Makeup, a subsidiary of L’Oréal. Toni Ko founded the Company in 1999. It is named after Nyx, the Greek goddess of the night. PETA certifies NYX as a cruelty-free brand. As of date NYX has a wide range of vegan-friendly products. L’Oreal acquired NYX Professional Makeup for USD 500 million 2014. Current valuation figures are not available.
No of Instagram Followers: 14 million-plus
Company headquarters: Los Angeles, California, United States
5. Too Faced: Too Faced is a make-up and beauty products company incorporated in 1998. Estee Lauder Companies acquired too Faced Cosmetics for $1.5B on Nov 14, 2016.
No of Instagram Followers: 13 million-plus
Company headquarters: New York, New York, United States