Whether you are young or old, if you follow skincare trends, you would have heard of the trending concept of Microdermabrasion. The practice has been there for a while but it is gaining popularity day by day, with more people seeking to rejuvenate their skin and regain youth. Microdermabrasion addresses this by removing the outer layer of the skin, and reveal, the inner, healthier layers, making you look vibrant and youthful.
How does Microdermabrasion work?
1. Microdermabrasion is a cosmetic procedure where the topmost layer of your skin (mostly face) is exfoliated and the dead cells are vacuumed, thus leaving a smoother surface and promoting cell regrowth.
2. A particular kind of abrasive crystal is used to remove the dead cells. The process helps in the regeneration of epidermal cells and removes skin impurities, which can be hard to address with regular skincare routines.
What is the treatment procedure?
1. Not to be confused with dermabrasion, microdermabrasion is a relatively smaller and simpler procedure which you can easily get done at a skin clinic or an aesthetics treatment centre.
2. Unlike dermabrasion, Microdermabrasion is completely noninvasive and safe for any skin type. It only helps to enhance the natural radiance and tautness of your skin.
3. Typically, a standard microdermabrasion treatment takes five to ten sittings with your skin therapist/dermatologist. However, depending on your skin type and any skin concerns involved, the number of visits may vary.
4. Alternatively, there are options to do microdermabrasion at home as well. There is an array of DIY kits available at beauty stores and online, which you can use from the comfort of your home. Your skin might feel a little flushed right after the procedure is over but it eases out within a couple of hours, leaving behind softer and smoother skin.
5. It is important to note that you might not achieve professional-level results at home, as you would at a proper clinic or with an expert skin therapist. Also, to steer clear of any skin woes, it is best to leave your valuable skin to the experts.
How to get trained as a Microdermabrasion expert?
A certificate course in microdermabrasion can make you excel as a beautician. At Orane International School of Beauty and Wellness, the Certificate in Microdermabrasion training course begins with the introduction of basic skin structure. You will learn about health and safety practices, and available first aid solutions. The course will empower you with professional skills in performing Microdermabrasion. Besides, you will also be trained in client care and communication during this one-week certificate course.