As a responsible Salon Owner, we have to live up to the pledge of serving the citizens especially during these testing COVID infestation times. In the pursuit of working up solutions with the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Orane is sharing the following Do(s) and Don’t(s) meant for safer salon operations as a giver while keeping yours, your staff’s and clients’ safety in mind.
1) No books or newspapers in the waiting area. Please cancel all subscriptions for the safety of all.
2) No customers at the waiting lounge. Remove the sofa or couch, if any, placed in the waiting area.
3) No Salon chair with PVC layer cracked to be used to avoid bacteria infestation.
4) No sharing of equipment used for servicing across the service stations.
5) Do not offer services that require extended touching of the face like facials.
6) Avoid dipping brushes into the make-up directly instead remove little onto the make-up palette.
7) Do not service any customer suffering from fever, cold, and cough.
8) Do not serve refreshment drinks to customers.
9) Do not offer home service to your customers.
10) Do not talk to customer during servicing.
11) Do not use testing and treatment equipment without sterilizing.
12) Do not allow customers to use the entrance door handle to enter.
13) Do not allow staff having symptoms of cold or any type of illness to be at work.
14) Make your staff liquid soap and warm water to wash hands after servicing every customer.
1) Do use disposable gowns, gloves, and headbands.
2) Limit talking to customers during servicing.
3) Use an Autoclave machine to sterilize equipment.
4) Dispense all semi-fluid and powders with a shaker, dispenser pumps, spray- type containers, spatula or disposable applicators.
5) Use a Vacuum cleaner to clean the Salon floor and furniture regularly.
6) Place adequate no of sanitizers for use by all customers and staff.
7) Wash your hands and face after servicing every customer.
8) Do take steps to further improve ventilation at the Salon.
9) Use Air Conditioner in dry mode only.
10) Service only with pre-booking.
11) Leave one chair vacant while servicing the customers.
12) Repair furniture with PVC cracked to avoid bacteria harvesting.
13) Use temperature scanners for all customers.
14) Use a salon hygiene checklist pasted at each Service station.
15) Ensure all staff uses a fresh set of mask and gloves for servicing each customer.
16) Ensure all dustbins are covered and emptied regularly during the day into a garbage bag that is placed outside of Salon.
17) Disinfect the chair, sink, table, and counters after every service.
18) Keep the Salon “No Smoking” zone.