We understand that the risk of infection increasing many times when an incumbent does international travel. The Canadian Govt has announced penalty on non-adherence of “14 days quarantine plan”.
The following quarantine plan shall be applicable to all students flying in from other countries to join the Orane International college :
The mandates before the travel :
Students & accomplices (if any) shall have to undergo molecular covid test atleast 72 hours prior to the travel. In case of positive report, the college authorities, airport authorities and Airlines shall not allow the student to travel to Canada.
The mandates during the travel :
- The travelling students shall have to register on ArriveCan app submitting their travel and contact information, including information of prebooked hotel for 3 day quarantine near the airport and another suitable quarantine place and plan for 14 days, before crossing the border or boarding a flight.
- During the flight, students are advised to keep their mask on and take all necessary precautions.
- On arrival at the airport, the students shall have to undergo the molecular COVID test before exiting the airport. The test report shall be shared within 72 hours from the time of the test. An additional Covid Molecular test kit shall be handed to the students by the airport authorities for testing again after 14 days (to be done by themselves).
- First Quarantine : After exiting the airport, the student shall be expected to head to their pre-booked hotel for 3 day quarantine. The students shall receive their covid test reports within 72 hours. In case of negative report, they can proceed to stay at the planned place of quarantine. If positive, the student shall be expected to check-in at the Govt authorized quarantine place.
The student may opt for following mentioned Govt Approved hotel :
- Abercorn Inn Vancouver Airport (online booking available)
- Coast Vancouver Airport Hotel (online booking available)
- Days Inn by Wyndham Vancouver Airport (online booking available)
- EXchange Hotel Vancouver (online booking available)
- Executive Hotel LeSoleil Vancouver (online booking available)
- Executive Hotel Vancouver Airport (online booking available)
- Executive Hotel Vintage Park Vancouver (online booking available)
- Fairmont Vancouver Airport (online booking available)
- Fairmont Waterfront (online booking available)
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver (online booking available)
- Four Points by Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel (online booking available, use CGV code)
- Hilton Vancouver Airport
- Quality Hotel Airport South
- Radisson Hotel Vancouver Airport (online booking available)
- Sandman Hotel Vancouver Airport
- Sheraton Vancouver Wall Centre Hotel (online booking available)
- Travelodge Hotel by Wyndham Vancouver Airport
- Westin Wall Centre Vancouver Airport (online booking available)
Information required at the time of booking is :
- traveller name(s)
- date(s) of birth
- gender (male, female, or undisclosed)
- arrival city and date
- payment information
- special requests and accessibility concerns
- pet information
- email address
Travellers will receive email confirmation of their accommodation within 4 hours of booking. (for more details pls refer to https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/mandatory-hotel-stay-air-travellers/list-government-authorized-hotels-booking.html
- Student shall be asked to report their checkin on ArriveCAN or by calling 1-833-641-0343 to check-in the day after entering Canada and to report symptoms daily.
- Second Quarantine : For subsequent quarantine for 14 days, students having local relatives, they shall be escorted or shall have to hail private taxi to reach their place of quarantine.
- Students who are dependent on the College only : they shall be transported from the airport to the Premise of the quarantine which shall be one of the hotels mentioned below. Fooding and Meals shall be managed by College Travel Incharge:
- Linda Vista Motel – 6498 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 4Z3
- Canadian Inn – 6528 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 4Z3
- Best Western – 8033 King George Blvd, Surrey, BC V3W 5B4, Canada
- After 14 days of self-quarantine, the students shall be expected to self-administer the covid molecular test. To be collected, stored and shipped as mentioned on the kit.
(EDUCATE YOURSELF / MUST READ :
- https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist/covid-19-testing-travellers-coming-into-canada?utm_campaign=gac-amc-covid-20-21&utm_source=travel-covid_travel-restrictions_flying_&utm_medium=redirect&utm_content=en#types )
- Person ground for follows and related queries on Covid is Mrs Marie Pinder (Chief of Education; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- After reporting to the campus, the student shall be observed for following mentioned tell-tale symptoms :
- fatigue or weakness,
- muscle or body aches,
- new loss of smell or taste,
- gastrointestinal symptoms like abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting,
- Such student shall not be allowed to leave the premise unless to avail medical assistance
- Such student shall not be allowed access to communal spaces inside the school or outside such as public restrooms, restaurants, hotels, classrooms, salon, lobby, religious places, etc
- Such student shall have to adhere to maintaining the 2-metre distancing from every other person in the premise.
INCASE OF OUTBREAK :
The campus will immediately inform the Public Health Office through the local Island Health Authority Office, with the outbreak advised both by telephone and confirmation email to the Medical Health Officers covering the Island area:
-Immediate intimation shall be sent to 8-1-1
-Requisition for Covid tests shall be placed at 1-833-737-9377.
-Assistance for hotel booking or Govt Approved quarantine facility : 1-800-294-8253 (toll-free within North America) / 1-613-830-2992 (collect outside of North America)
-Only in case of emergency, pls notify Local law enforcement personnel at 911
– Interstate, international or mobile phone callers (+613) 9096 9000
– Special emails, Whatsapp and text intimations shall be broadcasted informing all students and staff by Chief of Education Mrs Marie Pinder