1. This policy governs complaints from students respecting Orane International College and any aspect of its operations.
2. A student who makes or is otherwise involved in a complaint will not be subject to any form of retaliation by the institution at any time.
3. The process by which the student complaint will be handled is as follows:
- Student complaints must be made in writing.
- The student should first write by email to the Senior Administrator or Managers (s) of Orane International College addressing their concern.
- The Senior Administator or Manager(s) will respond to the complaint or concern within 5 business days. A meeting or discussion will be arranged to disscuss the concern details and desired resolution within 10 days of receiving the complaint.
- The appropriate investigation of the complaint details will be conducted by the Senior Administrator and documented for determination and resolve of the matter. Interviews will be conducted with staff and/or students where needed for fair fact determination of details surrounding the complaint or concern of the student plaintiff.
- The Senior Administrator or Manager(s) will refer all information and supporting documents to the Senior Management (Director) for consideration of the pending solution regarding the written complaint or concern by the student.
- A response will be sent to the student via email outlining the decision and details of determination of the complaint within 30 days of the filing of the complaint by the student . A copy of decision and all supporting documents will be given to the student and placed in the Student Complaint’s File , along with an original copy placed in the student file.The student may file an appeal within 30 days of receiving the decision if not satisfied by the determination.
- Shall an Appeal for reconsideration of determination be requested by the student and received in writing,a review will be conducted by the Senior Administrator and Manager (s} and presented to the Director(s) for final determination and consideration as a fair resolve process.
- Further , if the student is dissatisfied with the determination, and has been misled by the institution regarding any significant aspect of that program, the student may file a complaint with the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) (www.privatetraininginstitutions.gov.bc.ca). Complaints must be filed with PTIB within one year of the date a student completes, is dismissed from, or withdraws from the program.]
4. The student making the complaint may be represented by an agent or a lawyer.