Diwali 2016 is just around the corner and we know you cannot wait to celebrate the festival with your family, friends and colleagues. Yes, you’d have loads of fun, but we can also be that it would be hectic. Especially for you, because you have to take care of so many different things. But that shouldn’t stop you from looking your best, should it? No, not in a million years.
That’s why we are here with some interesting makeup tips and suggestions for you to get that perfect look this Diwali season.
For the Fabulous Face
Every time you are tired or do not get adequate sleep, your face takes the hit. This is a bigger concern during Diwali because there are so many preparations to be done that you’d be left with no choice but to cut down on your beauty sleep. But, do not worry. These simple tips will make sure your face looks fresh, radiant and glowing all through the festive season.
1. Clean your face with a facewash before every makeup. This is a must!
2. Use a primer on your face right after you wash it. A primer immediately removes the dullness from your face giving you a fresh, even face without wrinkles and fine lines. Not just that, it also lends a lasting effect to the makeup.
3. Next up, the foundation and the concealer. Keep the foundation light and not cakey. Choose the shade closest to your skin color to get that natural effortless look. Apply the concealer evenly all over your face.
4. Using the face powder to even out the concealer. The face powder should be based on your skin type – women with oily skin must go for loose powder and those with normal to dry skin should go for a compact powder.
5. Add a little skin illuminator to your foundation for shimmer and radiance. Have you wondered why the faces of celebrities glow like pearls? Well, all thanks to the skin illuminator. Perfect glow on the face to match the glow of lights!
For the Smoked Eyes
We, Indian women, have really beautiful eyes! And an auspicious occasion like Diwali calls for some extra emphasis on them. So, feel free to experiment with those pretty eyes of yours and leave everyone mesmerized.
1. Golden eyes would be the perfect eye makeup for this Diwali. Use a golden eye shadow in the center and finish it with a smoky look around the corners with a black or brown shade.
2. If you do not want to go for the gold, feel free to experiment with bold colors that go with the colors of your outfit.
3. For the ultimate festive look, dab a little shimmer around the edges.
4. Fill your eyebrows or highlight them to complement those beautiful smoked eyes.Wear fake eye lashes to add definition to your eyes.
5. Finish off your eye makeup with some mascara, kajal, and eye liner and your eyes would be all ready to steal the look of the people around you!
Time for Blushing
Keeping the Diwali theme consistent throughout your makeup, pick a blush which adds a glowing effect to your face. The color of the blush should accentuate your cheeks. Highlight your cheekbones and the bridge of your nose. Use a highlighter to do that.
When selecting the shade of the blush, make sure it is not very close to your skin shade and at the same time ensure the transition is pretty smooth. You do not want the blush to give a patchy look to your skin.
The beautiful Lips
Before you apply a lipstick, use a good lip balm. It will make your lips moisturized and supple. Whether you want to go for nude lips or the classic red or any bold color, we leave it entirely up to you. Color your lips the way you want. You can also match it with the color of your outfit.
And some more tips!
While, the above-mentioned tips would make you sizzle and shine on the big Diwali night, here are some tips that you can follow right from today.
1. Start drinking lots of water so your body starts eliminating toxins leaving you with clean and clear skin by the time Diwali 2016 kicks in.
2. Do not experiment with any new products, right before or during the festive season.Use the cleanser, toner, and moisturizer that you have been using, twice every day.
A Short Term Beauty Course in a renowned beauty institute such as Orane, would be immensely help you to learn the nuances of makeup and how to get that perfect look, not only for Diwali but for every special occasion of your life!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION