Do not let the travellers’ and travelling bug (aka Corona) keep your spirits down and hamper your fitness regime!
An enforced lockdown can spike up restlessness, negativity, and depression. So what if the Gyms are shut and parks are locked up? Here are a few exercises which you can do without any equipment inside your house.
– Rope Jumping: Sounding very trivial but this is best cardio starter for any age group. A few minutes of jumping (with or without the rope) will get the heartbeat burning up.
– Stair Stepping: Try pacing up the stairs and if you do not have stairs, then take a steady chair, place it in front of your TV and do the steps. A Killer cardio it is!
– Plank away your core: The best means of burning away your core is the time tested plank pose. Get into a push-up position with your hands on the ground but instead of bending down towards the floor, hold the pose. Sounding easy but start it for 30 secs and see how long you can hold this pose.
– Dance your calories away: Pump up the music and find your groove! Yes, dancing is not only fun but also gets your heart rate going.
– Lunges: Walk in your house, but with lunge-ing motion! Go the length of your hall, add weights in your hands to make it harder.
– Cleaning the house: Yes, with the house-help being quarantined too, you can dive head first into cleaning, the mopping, dusting, and vacuuming lends just the right movements to all body muscles and leaves behind a clean and positive space both inside your brain and your house.
– Water bottles for weight training: Yes, you read it right. You can use water bottles for strength training your arms, shoulders and back muscles. Increase the water to increase the intensity of the workout.
– Jumping jacks: While Netflix-ing your way through the perpetual lockdown, do jumping jacks and watch your heart rate soar high.
– Hit the YouTube: Yes, hit the YouTube with a vengeance, for best music and workout videos.
So there you go! Work off your stress and pump up your endorphins!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION